Inter-professional Collaboration in Healthcare: Adding the Oral Health Component to Successful Projects Worldwide
July 31st, 2018
8 AM - 12 PM
University of Washington
Optional Poster Session: 12 - 1:30 pm
Optional Lunch & Learn Session: 1:30 - 3 pm
The symposium will feature the following speakers.
1. Waranuch Pitiphat, DDS, PhD. Her lecture is entitled "Faculty Development: The impact of NIH funding on the training of Thai research leaders".
2. Jorge Luis Castillo, DDS, PhD. His lecture is entitled "From the Andes to the Amazon: Connecting the Peruvian oral research community to NIH".
3. Arthur Kemoli, BDS, PhD. His lecture is entitled: "Advocating For HIV Research In Children and Adolescents: The AFRICA Project".
4. Joseph Zunt, MD, MPH. His lecture is entitled: "Oral health is relevant to global health: existing opportunities through Fogarty Fellows and Scholars".
5. Florencia Vasta, Associate Program Officer, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation: Nutrition, Global Development Program: “Investing in nutrition is investing in global health”
When you walk in the Oral Cancer Foundation Walks, you join the effort with hundreds of thousands of people to raise awareness and funds that allow the Oral Cancer Foundation (OCF) to invest in new research, create educational programs, advocate for public policy, and support oral cancer survivors.
Thanks to Walkers and Donors like you, OCF has been able to fund multiple published research that aids in the fight agaist oral cancer.
Register Now get started right away.
Gold Creek Community Church is having our seventh annual Dental Day on Saturday, September 29th from 8am-2pm. We work with Medical Teams International and have two of their dental vans at the church to provide care for patients that day. We are doing extractions and fillings on the van. We also have a local dental offices that will be open to treat hygiene and restorative patients that day also. We are currently looking for volunteers that would be willing to help us make this day happen. We are looking for dentists, hygienists, assistants and students. Half day shifts are available. CE credit will be given to dentists and hygienists!
If interested please contact:
Andrea Higgins, RDH
Dental Day Dental Team Lead