Find your legislators: At any time, you may find your representatives on line at www.leg.wa.gov. The legislative hotline is 1-800-562-6000.
Find your district: If you do not know your NEW legislative district you can find this on line at: http://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/
How to get Information
During legislative sessions, you may contact legislators by writing to:
- Legislative Building, P.O. Box 40482 (Senate)
or P.O. Box 40600 (House), Olympia, WA 98504.
- By calling the toll free number, 1-800-562-6000, you may obtain information on the status of bills and leave messages for your legislator.
- Information is also available on the internet at: www.leg.wa.gov (link takes you to the page, but the page has changed)
The legislature meets each year beginning the second Monday in January. The regular session is limited to 105 days in odd-numbered years and 60 days in even-numbered years. The Governor or Legislature may call additional special sessions of 30 days each.
Legislative Toll Free Hotline (during sessions)
8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (weekdays)
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (Saturday)
WDHA LOBBYIST: Melissa Johnson
Bogard & Johnson, LLC - 360-956-3322 (work)
200 Union Avenue SE - 360-956-3324 (fax)
Olympia, WA 98501-1393
WSDHA Lobbyist - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 360-280-6429
How to Contact Your Legislator
There are two easy ways to contact your legislator:
- Call the toll-free hotline number: 800.562.6000. Messages for legislators may be left by using this hotline number. The hotline also provides information related to bills such as status updates and the name of the committee considering the bill. You don't need to know your legislative district to use the hotline; simply tell the operator your address and they will tell you your legislative district.
- Write them via email. To find your legislator's email address, take the last eight letters of their last name, followed by an underscore, followed by the first two letters of their first name, followed by @leg.wa.gov. (Example: Sen. Alex Deccio's email address is email@example.com)
Legislative Link: http://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/
To find out how your legislators voted on any bill:
Go to website www.leg.wa.gov
click on BILL SEARCH tab near top of page - enter Bill Number and click on search tab - it will now bring up the "History of the Bill" - the date on which the vote took place will be listed, as well as the number of "yeas, nays, absent, and excused" and there is a link at the end of this sentence which says: (view roll calls) - click on this link and it will bring up the list of names for yeas, nays, etc.