First Global Oral Health Symposium
Inter-professional Collaboration in Healthcare: Adding the Oral Health Component to Successful Projects Worldwide
July 31st, 2018
8 AM - 12 PM
University of Washington
Optional Poster Session: 12 - 1:30 pm
Optional Lunch & Learn Session: 1:30 - 3 pm
The symposium will feature the following speakers.
1. Waranuch Pitiphat, DDS, PhD. Her lecture is entitled "Faculty Development: The impact of NIH funding on the training of Thai research leaders".
2. Jorge Luis Castillo, DDS, PhD. His lecture is entitled "From the Andes to the Amazon: Connecting the Peruvian oral research community to NIH".
3. Arthur Kemoli, BDS, PhD. His lecture is entitled: "Advocating For HIV Research In Children and Adolescents: The AFRICA Project".
4. Joseph Zunt, MD, MPH. His lecture is entitled: "Oral health is relevant to global health: existing opportunities through Fogarty Fellows and Scholars".
5. Florencia Vasta, Associate Program Officer, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation: Nutrition, Global Development Program: “Investing in nutrition is investing in global health”