3225 158th Ave SE
Bellevue, WA 98008
Registration for Symposium 2016 is open! Plan to join us April 15-16, 2016!
View the Brochure with Course Descriptions & Speaker Biographies.
Scroll Down to Registration Links below.
This year’s Symposium for Oral Healthcare Professionals has undergone some exciting changes and promises to be one of the best Symposiums ever! The new, all-inclusive* format makes it easy to get the most out of this top-notch educational event while receiving an excellent value on the continuing education units (CEU), you need. In fact, attendees can earn up to 16 CE units over the two-day event!
While you may register for a single day of Symposium 2016, we highly encourage you to take advantage of the even greater savings you’ll find with the two-day registration. Either way, your registration includes as many CEU as you can fit in the day(s) you select, plus a delicious plated lunch each day in the Grand Atrium with added special entertainment that you’re sure to enjoy!
In addition to the stellar educational offerings delivered by an impressive slate of instructors from around the country, you’ll also enjoy the added special events we’ve lined up for you. These include a Wine and Cheese Networking Reception to kick things off on Thursday night; an exciting Spring Fashion Show Luncheon featuring the latest styles from Chico’s, Soma and White House, Black Market; a VIP Shopping Night with free luxury coach transportation and VIP Shopping Passport at The Bellevue Collection; and the WSDHA Future Leaders Awards Luncheon with added entertainment from Portland’s own comic sensation Sharon Lacey.
The exciting new format of Symposium 2016 is further complimented by the impressive and beautiful renovation of our host hotel, the Bellevue Embassy Suites. We highly encourage you to register for both days of Symposium 2016 and spend a couple of nights enjoying the wonderful atmosphere of the hotel, the complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast (included with your hotel reservation), and the extra-curricular activities we have planned for you. Book your room now at the special WSDHA block rate before they sell out and we’ll see you at Symposium 2016!
Finally, the WSDHA Board of Trustees and staff wish to extend a sincere thank you to our Education Chair Susan Savage for her tireless effort in coordinating Symposium 2016. Be sure to say hello to Susan at the event and also look for her in the Spring Fashion Show Luncheon on Friday.
Here are some of the dynamic speakers that are scheduled!
- Lil Caperila, RDH, BSDH, MEd - '4Cs in Solving the Caries Puzzle'
- Tom Viola, PhD and Lil Caperila - 'Did you call me medically complex?'
- Joy Moeller, BS, RDH - Overview and Important Update on Myofunctional Therapy and Obstructive Sleep Apnea using Therapeutic Techniques and Oral Habit Elimination.
- Susan Manning, MS, RDH - Managing the Patient with Diabetes and Beyond.
- Jordan James, CSCS - Hand Therapy and Injury Prevention
- Mark Konings, PhD, MBA- New restorative materials - afternoon hands on workshop on restorative
- Sherri Lukes, RDH, MS, FAADH - What Are We Really Looking For? Oral Pathology Cases & Concepts and Your True Colors Shining Through - Cultural Competence for Dental Professionals
- Student Poster Session on Saturday morning - 1 free CEU!
- Saturday Awards Luncheon with keynote speaker
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professionals - Saturday
- Dr. Peter Hampl, DDS - Forensic Odontology - Everything You Wanted to Know but were Afraid to Ask.
- Many more! Please click the brochure link above for complete information.
* Symposium 2016 includes all Continuing Education Units with the exception of the Basic Life Support class which requires an additional registration fee. The Wine and Cheese Networking Social, Spring Fashion Show Luncheon, VIP Shopping Night Out, WSDHA Future Leaders Awards Luncheon and Comedy Showcase are included in the registration price for each respective day of registration.