(Des Moines, WA) Suicide Assessment, Screening and Referral CE
22406 Pacific Highway South
Des Moines, WA 98198
Join us for a 3 hour CE course on Suicide Assessment, Screening and Referral.
The course meets the Washington State DOH suicide prevention training requirement for health professionals. (RCW 43.70.442)
Dentists and dental hygienists are required to complete a suicide prevention course by 2020. (Engrossed Second Substitute House Bill 1612. Sections 4, 5 and 7. WAC 246‐815‐155)
• Introduction and Overview
• Prevalence of Suicide
• I Jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge- video
• Suicide: Attitude Response Exercise
• Suicide & Military/Veterans
• What is Crisis?
• Relativity of Crisis
• Crisis Exercise
• Feelings of People in Crisis
• Goals of Crisis Intervention
• Crisis Intervention Techniques/Strategies
• Active Listening
• Suicide Warning Signs
• Suicidality Range
• Suicide Safety Challenges
• Traits of Suicidal Persons & Interventions
• Suicide Safety Assessment
• Strategies for Suicide intervention & Safety Assessment
• Resources for a Person in Crisis
• Safety Planning
• Suicide Safety
Speaker: Mark Niezgoda from the Crisis Clinic in Seattle, WA.
CEU: 3 Credits
Space is limited, RSVP today!
Early Bird Pricing by 11/21:
□ ADHA Members: $80.00
□ Non Members/DDS: $90.00
November 22nd Fees increase to:
□ ADHA Members: $85.00
□ Non Members/DDS: $95.00
$25 cancellation fee before December 4, 2018. No refunds given after December 4, 2018.
Register Today! Seats are limited