(Vancouver, WA) Suicide Assessment, Screening and Referral CE
605 Barnes St
Vancouver, WA 98661
Join us for a 3 hour CE course on Suicide Assessment, Screening and Referral.
The course meets the Washington State DOH suicide prevention training requirement for dental hygienists.
Dental hygienists are required to complete a 3 hour suicide screening and referral course by 2020.
• Introduction and Overview
• Prevalence of Suicide
• I Jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge- video
• Suicide: Attitude Response Exercise
• Suicide & Military/Veterans
• What is Crisis?
• Relativity of Crisis
• Crisis Exercise
• Feelings of People in Crisis
• Goals of Crisis Intervention
• Crisis Intervention Techniques/Strategies
• Active Listening
• Suicide Warning Signs
• Suicidality Range
• Suicide Safety Challenges
• Traits of Suicidal Persons & Interventions
• Suicide Safety Assessment
• Strategies for Suicide intervention & Safety Assessment
• Resources for a Person in Crisis
• Safety Planning
• Suicide Safety
Speaker: Mark Niezgoda from Crisis Connections in Seattle, WA.
CEU: 3 Credits
Space is limited, RSVP today!
Early Bird Pricing by December 3rd:
□ ADHA Members: $80.00
□ Non Members/DDS: $90.00
December 4th Fees increase to:
□ ADHA Members: $85.00
□ Non Members/DDS: $95.00
$25 cancellation fee by December 21, 2018. No refunds given after December 21, 2018.
Register Today! Seats are limited