March 25, 2016: Complementary & Alternative Local Anesthesia with Kathy Bassett, RDH, BSDH, MEd.
Registration at 8:30 am - Lecture (3CEU) 9:00 am to 12:30 pm.
Kitsap Convention Center, 100 Washington Ave, Bremerton, WA. Brochure
Online registration. No refunds after 3/20/16. $25 cancellation administrative fee.
Put Symposium 2016 on your calendar now! April 15-16, 2016 -Save the date and clear your schedule to attend the premier continuing education event specifically designed for dental hygienists by hygienists! We will meet once again at the Bellevue Embassy Suites in their newly remodeled hotel. The atrium space will be completely different and all one level. The hotel room remodeling should all be completed. The parking for the event will be well marked across the street.
While the event is still in the building stage, here are some of the dynamite speakers that are scheduled already!!
- Lil Caperila, RDH, BSDH, MEd - "4Cs in Solving the Caries Puzzle"
- Tom Viola, PhD and Lil Caperila - ACPs of Managing High Risk Adult Patients
- Joy Moeller, BS, RDH - Prevention of Myofunctional Disorders with Habit Elimination and Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Myofunctional Therapy: A Team Approach."
- Susan Manning, MS, RDH - Xerostomia, Diabetes and Oral health
- John Galgarno, PT - Hand Therapy, Physical Therapy and Prevention
- 3M ESPE - New restorative materials - afternoon hands on workshop on restorative
- Sherry Lukes, RDH - Oral Pathology
- Student Forum on Saturday morning - 1 free CEU!
- Saturday Awards Luncheon with keynote speaker
- First Aid and Basic Life Support Updates on Saturday
- Peter Hampl on Dental Forensics
"The mission of WSDHA is to increase awareness of and access to quality oral health care, to promote the highest standards of research and education, licensure and practice for dental hygienists, and to represent and promote the interests of the dental hygiene profession, as a means to improve the public's health."
- Maintain a member-driven financially viable organization
- To serve as the authoritative resource for the profession of dental hygiene
- Promote consumer advocacy in oral health care as part of total health
- Achieve autonomy of dental hygiene education, licensure and practice