The 5th Annual Seattle Stand Down for Veterans will be held December 17 & 18th at Seattle Central College in the Mitchell Activity Center. Registration is at 7:00 am and services end at 4:00 pm each day. They anticipate serving 95 veterans and are looking for 20-25 volunteer dental hygienists and dentists to provide services to veterans.
If you are interested, complete the volunteer application and email it as described.
Put Symposium 2016 on your calendar now! April 15-16, 2016 -Save the date and clear your schedule to attend the premier continuing education event specifically designed for dental hygienists by hygienists! We will meet once again at the Bellevue Embassy Suites in their newly remodeled hotel. The atrium space will be completely different and all one level. The hotel room remodeling should all be completed. The parking for the event will be well marked across the street.
While the event is still in the building stage, here are some of the dynamite speakers that are scheduled already!!
- Lil Caperila, RDH, BSDH, MEd - "4Cs in Solving the Caries Puzzle"
- Tom Viola, PhD and Lil Caperila - ACPs of Managing High Risk Adult Patients
- Joy Moeller, BS, RDH - "Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy" and "OCA & Thumb Sucking"
- Susan Manning, MS, RDH - Xerostomia, Diabetes and Oral health
- John Galgarno, PT - Hand Therapy, Physical Therapy and Prevention
- 3M ESPE - New restorative materials - afternoon hands on workshop on restorative
- Sherry Lukes, RDH - Oral Pathology
- Student Forum on Saturday morning - 1 free CEU!
- Saturday Awards Luncheon with keynote speaker - 1 CEU
- First Aid and Basic Life Support Updates on Saturday
- TBA on Forensics and/or Ethics
"The mission of WSDHA is to increase awareness of and access to quality oral health care, to promote the highest standards of research and education, licensure and practice for dental hygienists, and to represent and promote the interests of the dental hygiene profession, as a means to improve the public's health."
- Maintain a member-driven financially viable organization
- To serve as the authoritative resource for the profession of dental hygiene
- Promote consumer advocacy in oral health care as part of total health
- Achieve autonomy of dental hygiene education, licensure and practice